Hellermann Tyton has developed a range of nylon and stainless steel identification cable ties with RFID tag to enable users to easily fix the RFID tag to equipment that needs to carry a serial number for tracking and identification purposes.
About Hellermann Tyton Cable Ties
Hellermann Tyton cable ties have to be able to meet the most varied demands these days as they are used in the widest range of operations and need to perform under very extreme conditions. They are at the forefront in terms of material stability and variety for easy colour coding. Quality & safety are always the primary consideration, all meet the highest international test standards.
What is RFID?
Radio frequency identification, or RFID, is a generic term for technologies that use radio waves to automatically identify people or objects. There are several methods of identification, but the most common is to store a serial number that identifies a person or object, and perhaps other information, on a microchip that is attached to an antenna (the chip and the antenna together are called an RFID transponder or an RFID tag). The antenna enables the chip to transmit the identification information to a reader. The reader converts the radio waves reflected back from the RFID tag into digital information that can then be passed on to computers that can make use of it.
- Theft prevention
- Keg and gas cylinder tracking
- Asset management
- Attendance verification
- Security tagging
- Leak detection
- Essential maintenance
- Baggage tagging
Benefits of RFID:
- Elimination of clerical errors in recording data
- Faster data collection
- Reduction in labour
- Reduction in paperwork required
- Ability to hold more data than barcodes
- Eliminated paper based inspections/reporting
- Manage equipment inspections, maintenance work etc
- Comply with legislation
- Generate equipment reports
- Control your stores management
- Increase reporting and inspections accuracy
- Share up to date information
Advantages of RFI over other ID technologies:
- Reliable operation in harsh environments (i.e. wet, dusty, dirty conditions; corrosive environments, vibration and shock)
- No need for contact or line-of-sight
- Freedom from line-of-sight constraints (transponders can be read irrespective of orientation and through virtually any material, including flush mounted in or surface mounted on metals)
Hellermann Tyton has developed several options to take advantage of the benefits that RFID technology can offer. All options come fitted with th appropriate RFID transponder.